Salem, OregonHome Menu
Salem Announces Recipients of 2023 Entitlement Funds
City uses federal funds to address local housing and community development needs.
Return to full list >>
The City of Salem annually receives HOME Investment Partnerships and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development and City of Salem General Funds.
Salem and its local partners use these resources to implement a wide range of projects and activities to address homelessness, expand affordable housing, and provide supportive services.
Local projects selected to receive 2023 HOME funding:
- Applegate Landing, LLC, Applegate Terrace Apartments (48 rental units/Veteran focused): $453,750
- DevNW, Macleay Subdivision (24 for-sale single family homes) Down Payment Assistance: $300,000
- DevNW, HOME Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) Operating Funds: $30,000
- City of Salem, HOME Program Administration: $89,310
- City of Salem, HOME Project Delivery: $20,000
Local projects selected to receive 2023 CDBG supportive services funding:
- Marion Polk Foodshare, Meals on Wheels: $105,500
- St. Francis Shelter, Case Management: $60,000
- Woman at the Well, Grace House Case Management: $52,000
- City of Salem, CDBG Program Administration: $319,720
- City of Salem, CDBG Acquisition: $1,061,360
Local projects selected to receive 2023 City General Fund funding:
- Marion Polk Foodshare, Nourishing Salem Residents: $121,200
- Northwest Human Services, Crisis and Information Hotline/Emergency Financial Services: $141,750
- Northwest Human Services, HOST Youth Case Management: $37,050
- Center for Hope and Safety, Crisis Hotline: $100,000
More information regarding Salem’s Federal Funding programs and annual application cycle is available online or by calling 503-588-6178.