City Manager's Office
555 Liberty St. SE
Salem, OR 97301
Many resources are available for residents of Salem who need assistance finding affordable housing. We’re taking a collaborative approach and adapting multiple best practices to fit our community. The Salem Housing Authority’s mission is to assist families of low- or moderate-income to achieve self-sufficiency through stable housing, economic opportunity, community investment, and coordination with social service providers.
The Salem City Council recognizes homelessness as a critical problem in our community. The micro-shelter villages are new to Salem and provide managed, temporary housing opportunities for the unsheltered, combined with case management and outreach services designed to match participants with resources on an individual basis.
View a list of public and non-profit agencies and organizations across the City, Marion County, and Polk County who are working on homelessness.
- Find Safe Vehicle Parking and Living
- Frequently Asked Questions about Homelessness
- Frequently Asked Questions about Micro-Shelter Villages
- Frequently Asked Questions about Sidewalk Behavior
- Learn About Micro-Shelter Villages
- Learn About Salem Navigation Center
- Learn About Who is Homeless in Our Area
- Locate a Shelter