City of Salem
555 Liberty St. SE
Salem, OR 97301
Salem, the capital city of Oregon, lies in the center of the lush Willamette Valley, surrounded by green pastures, fields of flowers, gardens, vegetables, orchards, and vineyards. Summer farmer’s markets overflow with locally-raised produce and hand-crafted products.
Salem offers a wide array of restaurants, hotels, and tourist attractions. Area attractions include historic sites, museums, and events that appeal to a variety of interests. Enjoy sports tournaments, arts fairs, theater, and music. Several parks are within walking distance from the vibrant shopping district and historic downtown, inviting residents and visitors to enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Salem is 47 miles south of Portland and an hour from the Cascade Mountains and the ocean beaches. Learn more about our Community Profile.
With outstanding shopping, lodging, restaurants, services, entertainment, and events, Downtown Salem offers an authentic experience for visitors.
- Annual Chinese Qingming Festival
- Discover Salem’s Heritage and Culture
- Find Salem Historic Buildings (Map)
- Jason Lee Mission House Archaeological Project
- Research Historic Properties
- Salem Pioneer Cemetery
- Salem Pioneer Cemetery Chinese Shrine Project
- Willamette Heritage Center
- Women of Mission Define Independence
Explore Salem’s parks, sports programs, library activities, and tons of other fun things to do.