City Manager's Office
555 Liberty St. SE
Salem, OR 97301
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Over the years, the City Council has developed an extensive system of resident groups established to advise them in specific subject areas—such as the budget, land use, and social services. Here you will find information about each board and commission, including current members and membership requirements.
From time to time, City Council will appoint a group of stakeholder representatives to advise them on an issue of interest in our community. These groups, often established as task forces or committees, may include the Mayor, councilors, and residents or business representatives with an interest in a particular area of Salem or an interest specific to the issue. Some are ongoing, ad hoc, or of limited duration. These groups hold public meetings, are often staffed by those with subject matter expertise and professional experience, and develop recommendations for the City Council to consider.
The Hearings Officer has been delegated power to make decisions for the City Council, including land use cases.
- Citizen Budget Committee
- City Committees
- Congestion Relief Task Force
- Downtown Homeless Solutions Task Force
- Food and Sundries Distribution to the Homeless Community Task Force
- Infrastructure Bond Engagement Steering Committee
- Mayor’s International Council
- Police Facility Council Committee
- Salem City Council Finance Committee
- Salem City Council Public Transit Committee
- Salem Housing Advisory Committee
- Sustainable Services Revenue Task Force
- System Development Charge Methodology Committee
- Water-Wastewater Task Force