The City of Salem helps support the growth and development of small and startup businesses in our community. Please contact City of Salem Economic Development Division staff at 503-540-2435 or 503-588-6178 so that we may assist you in navigating the available resources.
Advising and training
Consulting and R&D
- Food Innovation Center
- Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Business Oregon
- City of Salem
- Mid-Valley Angel Fund
- Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments (Note: Loan application assistance only.)
- Nonprofit Lenders: Please contact us for more information.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Certification Office for Business Inclusion and Diversity
- Oregon Government Contract Assistance Program
- Oregon Procurement Information Network
- Latino Business Alliance
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce
- Salem Capitol Connections
- Technology Association of Oregon
- Co-Working Spaces
- Launch Mid-Valley
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network
- OTBC Virtual Incubation Program (VIP)
Workforce development and talent
Other helpful information
Financial IncentivesSalem offers a variety of services, resources, and financial incentives to help your business and support economic growth.
Building in SalemIf you want to construct a building or make changes to your property, you will likely need approval from the City. The development process includes three general components: land use, public infrastructure, and building permits.