555 Liberty St. SE
Salem, OR 97301-3513
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wallace Marine Park
Built in 1986, the Wallace Marine Park Softball Complex was the first star complex constructed in the United States. Its five natural, lit fields are surrounded by shaded and grassy park areas. Each playing field has its own electric scoreboard and fully automatic irrigation. The 300-foot fields are also adaptable to Little League and youth baseball.
You will find seating for more than 1,000 spectators, including an elevated grandstand and portable bleachers. Park amenities include more than 400 parking spaces, a covered playground, permanent restrooms, and full concessions. Twelve satellite playing fields are close by.
The park provides a comfortable playing experience with a cool breeze coming off the river, ample shade trees, and low humidity. Situated in one of the most striking and delightful locations in the Pacific Northwest, Wallace Marine Park is roughly one hour from Portland International Airport and just minutes from fine dining, scenic vineyards, tax-free shopping, and recreational destinations.
Tournament Rental Fees
Effective through December 31, 2022
- Per game slot fee:
- 2 to 10 teams–$65
- 11 to 16–$39
- 17 to 20 teams–$36
- 21 to 24–$34
- 25+ teams–$33
- Application processing fee–$25
- Non-refundable tournament reservation fee–$107
- Required deposit–$270
- Additional fees may apply
Park Rental Forms
All fees and payments must be submitted with your forms.
Rules and Prohibited Items
All participants, spectators, and guests are expected to comply with the Wallace Marine Park Softball Complex rules and code of conduct. Coaches and players are responsible for knowing and complying with all league and tournament rules. Parents are responsible for the conduct and safety of their children at all times. Respectful behavior makes for an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- No smoking: Smoking or vaping of any kind is prohibited in all City Parks, this includes the parking lot.
- No hitting/bunting or pitching in the grass: Feet MUST be in the dirt warning track.
- No animals or pets: Animals and pets are not permitted in the complex. Certified service animals are allowed.
- Prohibited items: Coolers, ice chests, cans, glass bottles, and fireworks are not allowed in the complex. An entry gate monitor will ensure compliance.
- Prohibited activities: Bicycling, skateboarding, skating, and the use of large riding toys or noise-making toys are not permitted in the complex.