Cross Connection Specialist
Public Works Department

Test Your Backflow Assembly

Backflow assemblies must be tested annually to make sure they are working properly. The City of Salem does not coordinate the testing of the assembly. If you are the property owner, you should contact a certified backflow assembly tester to schedule the testing. The tester should submit a copy of the test report to the Cross Connection Specialist.

A list of certified backflow testers is available on the Oregon Health Authority website.


Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • When should my backflow assembly be tested?

  • Why do I have a backflow assembly?

  • Does the installation or removal of a backflow assembly require a City of Salem permit?

  • Do I still need to test my backflow assembly if I am not using my underground irrigation system?

  • I am a tenant and I received a notification letter. Why?

  • Has my test report been submitted to the City?

  • What happens if I do not get my backflow assembly tested by its compliance date?