Finance Office
555 Liberty St. SE
Room 230
Salem, OR 97301


Mailing Address
Accounts Receivable
PO Box 3256
Portland OR 97208-3256


Payment Counter
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Pay for Hazardous Use Permit

The Deputy Fire Marshall may require your business to have a hazardous use permit, and you will be invoiced when that requirement applies.

Payment Options

You can pay in one of the following ways. Most options require three business days to process.

  • Online: You may pay online with Visa, MasterCard, and eCheck, using a secure website called ePayments. Online transactions may take three business days to process.
  • Telephone: Call 1-844-739-1117 and have your credit card available. Phone transactions may take three business days to process.
  • Mail: Mail your check to the City’s Finance Office.
  • Drop Box: You can drop off your payment at a secure drop box, but you should allow three business days to process the payment. Drop boxes are located:
    • On the 500 block of Commercial Street at the bus turn out between Salem City Hall and the Salem Library
    • In front of the City’s Finance Office
    • At the West Salem Library, 395 Glen Creek Road NW

Pay for Hazardous Use Permit Online

Same-Day Posting

If you want your payment to be posted on the day you make the payment, you must pay in person at the City’s Finance Office.