Salem Police Department
333 Division ST NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-588-6156 (Administration Desk)
We do not accept police reports through email.
The Salem Police Department offers opportunities for community members to ride with police officers during a portion of their shift to observe the response and work done by our field operations.
- 18 years of age or older
- Submit your information for a criminal history check
Steps to apply
- Download the Ride-Along Application or obtain an application at the front counter of the Salem Police Department.
- Bring government-issued photo identification and the completed application to the police station.
- Allow a minimum of 72 hours for application processing.
- Applicants will be contacted via phone after their application has been processed.