Urban Development Department
350 Commercial St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
West Salem Urban Renewal Area (URA) was established to eliminate blight and depreciating property values within the 453-acre project area.
The objectives of the West Salem URA include:
- Upgrading the existing building stock
- Improving the auto, pedestrian, and bicycle circulation system
- Enhancing streetscape
- Conserving open spaces
- Promoting new quality housing opportunities for a range of household incomes
Assessed values and key projects were determined when the urban renewal district was established. Project plans are subject to change at the direction of the Urban Renewal Agency.
- Assessed value at creation: $141,630,333
- Current assessed value: $202,002,667
- Return on investment: $55,748,404
- Total bonding capacity: $31,000,000
- Completed Projects: Wallace Marine Park River Access Trail, Edgewater Pedestrian Safety and Access, 2nd Street NW Road Improvements, Way-finding Signage, Zone Code Clean-Up
Enterprise Zone Tax Incentive
To encourage the creation of new industrial and manufacturing jobs for the community.
Use the following map to find out if you are in this urban renewal area. Open a mobile-friendly, fullscreen map of the West Salem Urban Renewal Area in a new window.